- Chennai (Train No.16175),
- Thanjaur (Train No.76812),
- Tiruchirapalli (Train No.56714, 06852),
- Velankanni(Train No.76818),
- Ernakulam (Train No.16188),
- Bangalore(Train No.56514) and
- Mumbai (Sunday Only- Train No.11017).
ROAD: Nagapattinam is connected directly from
- Thirunallar – 20 kms. (Towards West)
- Kumbakonam – 70 kms. (Towards West)
- Thanjavur – 90 kms., (Towards West)
- Tiruchirappalli-150 kms., (Towards West)
- Coimbatore (Towards West)
- Erode (Towards West)
- Thiruvarur-30 kms.,(Towards Southwest)
- Chidambaram- 85 kms., (Towards North on ECR)
- Mayiladuthurai-56 kms.(Towards Northwest)
- Puducherry-150 kms., (Towards North on ECR)
- Chennai-309 kms., (Towards North on ECR
- Nagore-3 kms., (Towards South on ECR)
- Velankanni-12 kms., (Towards South on ECR)
Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (TNSTC), Tamil Nadu State Express Transport Corporation (TN-SETC) and other private buses are flying over the above routes.
Taxis, Auto rickshaws, mini buses, Town buses are also available for Local transportation.
VOLVO, Ultra Delux from TNSTC and omni buses are also run for pleasure travels to Chennai, Bangalore and Trivandrum etc.