The Objective of the DIC is to provide assistance under one roof to the entrepreneurs. The DIC, Nagapattinam is functioning in Nagapattinam District with effect from 01.11.1991 consequent on the bifurcation of Erstwhile Thanjavur District. The District Industries Centre is functioning under the administrative control of the Director of Industries and commerce Chennai Government of Tamil Nadu. The following services/ assistance are available to public.
District Industries Centre is an integral part of the Department of Industries and commerce functioning at the District Level. Dist.Industries Centre is envisaged as a single window interacting Agency with the entrepreneurs at the Dist. Level. Services and support to Small entrepreneurs are provided under Single roof through Dist.Industries Centre. Dist.Industries Centre is the implementing arm of the Central and state Govt. of various schemes and programmes.
- P.M.R.Y. Loan Scheme for the unemployed Educated Youth.
- Issue of Provisional SSI Registration through on line/ Manual
- Issue of Permanent SSI Registration
- Export Guidance cell
- New Anna Marumalarchi Thittam starting of agro Based Industries in all the Blocks
- Assistance to get statuoary clearance from Local body Pollution Control .Board, and Health etc.,Under single window clearance system.
- Formation of Industrial Co-operative Societies.
- Cottage Industries Registration.
- Handicraft Industries Registration.
- Sanction of subsidies to eligible registered SSI.
- To recommend KVIC application to Banks Having Population of 20,000 People in rural areas.
- Industrial Facilitation Recovery council To help industrialist for the recovery of the dues.
ACTIVITIES OF DISTRICT INDUSTRIES CENTRE
Registration of Small Industries is done at District Industries Centre. “Small scale Industrial undertakings are those which are engaged in the manufacture, processing or preservation of goods and in which investment in plant and machinery (original cost) does not exceed Rs.1.00 crores with effect from 24.12.99 whether held on ownership terms,or on lease or on hire purchase.”
- Provisional SSI registration certificate are being issued within 3 days from the date of receipt of application. This certificate engaged to get clearance on prority to get E.B. connection, financial assistance and plan approval by local bodies.
- The Permanent SSI registration certificate are being issued for the units who have started the production, repairing,and servicing activity after the personal inspection by Dist.Industries Centre officials. Certificates are issued within 30days from the date of application. All incentives could be availed only after obtaining Permanent certificate.
- Existing Cottage/Handicraft certificates having plant and machinery value not exceeding Rs.5.00 Lakhs and5 H.P.power connection are being issued with Cottage Industries/Handicraft certificate. It is being issued within 30 days from the date of receipt of application.
SINGLE WINDOW CLEARANCE
A number of steps have been taken to boost the development of industry in the state. Single window committee have been setup to assist small industries to secure and obtain statutory clearance for starting industries at District Level. Monthly single window clearance meeting under the Chairmanship of the District Collector are conducted regularly.
PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF SSI
SSI Having the investment limit up to 100 lakhs in plant a nd machinery are eligible to get this certificate. Applications are available on Payment of cost of Rs.20/- only [By Manual at Office] On line Registration also available to get Provisional SSI Certificates on Payment of Rs.50/- at the flowing browsing Centres in Nagapattinam district.
NEW ANNA MARUMALARCHI THITTAM
AGRO BASED INDUSTRIES AT RS.1.00 CRORE IN EACH OF THE 385 BLOCKS IN TAMILNADU
The government of tamilnadu is keen on promoting industrial investment in rural areas under Small-scale sector particularly on agro-based industries in order to have employment generation in rural areas. Having understood the fact that the engine of industrial growth lies in iron agro-Business Sector, The Government have announced a scheme called New Anna Marumalarchi Thittam wherein setting up of agro based industries in all the 385 blocks of the state would be entitled for a subsides of 15% of investment made on Machinery and Plant value not exceeding Rs.15 lakhs per block.
- Milky Mushroom
- Sugarcane and Jaggary
- Poultry Feed
- Flour Products
- Germinated Cereal
- Banana Chips
- Mango pulp
- Cashew processing
- Cashew pulp Juice
- Sago-Medical Product
- Tomato Sauce
- Drumstick powder
- Natural dyes
- Jatropha fuel oil
- Paradise oil
- Groundnut product
- Tamarind paste
- Egg powder
- Products from plant roots
- Composite manure
- Agro training Institute
- Poultry & Cattle feed
Such units would also be entitled for power subsidy at the rate of 30%, 20% and 10% for first 3Yrs respectively. Unit purchasing Generator would attract subsidy at the rate of 15% not exceeding Rs.5 lakhs. Also the units employing more than 50% of the total workers as women would enjoy an additional 5% subsidy not exceeding Rs.5lakhs. The financial assistance of the scheme would be provided by TIIC and the interest rate would be of 4% over and above the primary lending rate [PLR].
The scheme contemplates of the development of Agro-based industries including processing of Horticulture produce, flower based extracts, coir food processing industries covering areas lime
The entrepreneurs venturing to start Agro-based industries will be given priority in getting power connection, allotment of land and shed in SIPCOT, SIDCO, and industrial Co-operative Society. The entrepreneurs under the scheme should bring in margin Money to the true of 20% of the project cost.
The projects covered under the scheme will be given with special priority in granting the subsidies. The projects at district level will be monitored be a Committee under the Chairmanship of District Collector.
The entrepreneurs who are willing to take up to venture under “NEW ANNA MARUMALARCHI THITTAM” should file the application in the prescribed format to General Manager, District Industries Centre.
GOVERNMENT CONCESSION AND INCENTIVES FOR SMALL SCALE UNITS
All permanently registered new SSI units are eligible for state capital subsidy 0f 15% and 20% on the eligible value of fixed assets subject to a maximun of Rs. 15 Lakhs or Rs.20 Lakhs based on the area of starting Industries ie., Either in backward area or most backwarde area as per G.O.MS.No.149Industries MIG II Dept.Dated 1.4.91.
LOW TENSION POWER TARIFF SUBSIDY
Irespective of location all permanently registered SSI Units are eligible for low tension power tariff subsidy if they use industrial power tariff for their units. This is eligible for total current consumption charges used by the small scall industries units for 3 Years at the rate of 40%, 30% & 20% of their current consumption charges for their SSI units.
The government letter No.4927/SIB/96-11 dated 12-2-1998 from the secretary to government small industries department . [SIB]Chennai 9 has started that no SSI unit are eligible for LTPT subsidy if the units are situated in the area covered under Tamilnadu Urban Land [ceiling and regulation] Act 1978 and Tamilnadu Urban land Tax amended Act 1991.
Based on the instructions laid down in the Government o rder the following villages are not eligible to obtain LTPT subsidy in Mailaduthurai, Nagapattinam District.
- Vellala agaram
Irespective of area all newly purchase installed and used for industrial purpose generators a maximum of Rs. 5 lakhs they should apply for this within one year from the date of purchase are installation of generator .
PMRY LOAN SCHEME
- Must have Passed VIII Std
- Income Limit
- Family Income should be within Rs.40,000/- PA
- Age Limit
- Age 18 to 35 relax able up to 10 years in the eager of SC/ST/P.H/Women/ Ex-Servicemen
- Should resided not less than three year in the area
QUANTUAM OF LOAN
- For Industry and Service activities
- Two lakhs
- For Business activities
- One lakh. [Maximum of Rs Ten lakhs are allowed for joint venture [up to five persons]
- 15% of the Project Cost or Rs.7,500 which ever is less.
- Margin By entrepreneur
- 5% to 16.25%
- No Security is required
SUCCESFUL ENTERPRENUR UNDER PMRY
|Address||60, Hospital Road, Velipppalayam Nagapattinam|
|Properitor||Senthilnathan . K|
|Name of the Bank||Former Bank of Madura|
|Loan Amount||RS. 1 Lakh|
|Nature og||Computer Training, Software Development, Sales and Service|
|SSI No.||182201901 PMT Dated 18/03/1997|
|Description||Started on 5 MAY 1995 with 1 Computer, 1 Printer and a Stabilizer for training 5 students.
Now it is having 10 computers with 85 students.
WOMAN ENREPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING PROGRAM
- Qualification [Technical]
- Self Help Group Members/ ITI/ Polytechnic Diploma Holders / Community Polytechnic Certificate holders B.Sc., Computers Science, Information Technology, Computer application etc, .Paramedical degree/Diploma laboratory technicians etc.,
- Qualification [Academic]
- VIII Std., Passed and above
- Above 18 Years [18 – 45]
- No.of Candidates to be traineed in each Year
- Duration of training
- 7 [Seven] days
- Rs.280/-candidate[Rs.40 Per day]
|SELF HELP GROUP||400||400|
|300SELF HELP GROUP||100||100|